Slider takes 7-9 seconds to load

Home Forums Fixit WordPress Theme Slider takes 7-9 seconds to load

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    socialmedia
    Participant

Hello, I’m having problems with the nivoslider loading slowly, can you help?

I’ve got 3 images (128kb, 76kb, and 88kb) and the slider takes up to 9 seconds to load while displaying a loading animation. Is there anything that can be done to improve load time?

I’m currently using WordPress 5.1.1 and no other plugins installed, except for wordpress defaults.

socialmedia
    Participant

An update: I found that the slider is inserting a first black slide before my slides are loaded. I have loaded 3 slides but the slider shows 4 slides to load. The first slide is empty, causing the slider to look like it is loading.

How can I remove this phantom first slide?

socialmedia
    Participant

FINAL UPDATE – SOLVED

I foudn that in jquery.nivo.slider.js there was an IF statement to auto-set the start slide, but it wasn’t working for me.

original, starting line 58:
    // Set startSlide
    if(settings.startSlide > 0){
    if(settings.startSlide >= vars.totalSlides) { settings.startSlide = vars.totalSlides – 1; }

My solution:
    // Set startSlide
    if(settings.startSlide > 0){
    if(settings.startSlide >= vars.totalSlides) { settings.startSlide = vars.totalSlides;}

You might want to update the code for the fixit pro theme package with this fix.

alexathemes
    Keymaster

Thanks for the update. We can do that.

socialmedia
    Participant

Well, I was wrong. I’m still getting a slide 0 to appear in my slides and I don’t know how to prevent that. Any ideas?

alexathemes
    Keymaster

Hi

Please send your site URL and the login details to support@alexathemes.net so we can check the backend.

Thank You

socialmedia
    Participant

Problem Resoled for real this time.

Something was getting pushed into the element that created the nivoslider. I added this line to line 12 of js\jquery.nivo.slider.js
    $(element).children().remove('script');

I also saw that create_function was deprecated on line 760 of functions.php, I replaced that with this:
    add_filter( 'loop_shop_columns', function($columns) {return 3;} );

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.